This classic French Fruit Tart has a sweet pastry crust that is filled with a rich and creamy custard and topped with fresh fruits. Your favorite fruits have never tasted so good!
berries, cherries, stone fruit
raspberry jam, warmed
1. Combine flour, icing sugar and Fairy in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and sufficient water until pastry comes together.
2. Knead lightly, divide into 6 pieces and pat each piece into a round flat shape. Wrap in baking paper and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to rest.
3. Roll a piece of dough on a floured bench to a circle and line a 8 cm fluted tart tin. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.
4. Line each case with baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice. Rest in refrigerator for another 20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 200°C
6. Blind bake pastry for 10 minutes, remove the paper and beans or rice turn the temp down to 180°C and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool.
1. Bring the milk to the boil in a heavy based saucepan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, cornflour and vanilla together.
3. Pour milk over the yolks and whisk together, return to the saucepan. Whisk continuously and cook over a medium until the mixture thickens.
4. Pass through a coarse strainer if there are lumps. Place a piece of baking paper on top to prevent a skin forming. Leave to cool.
5. Beat cream until soft peaks form and stir through the pastry cream. You may need to re whip the pastry cream if it has set too hard before stirring through the cream